Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Vegan Egg Replacer? Imagine it Bakery uses Ener-G Egg Replacer in some of our products. It is gluten free and contains no eggs or egg derivatives. It is made mainly from potato starch, tapioca flour, cream of tartar and cellulose.
- What is xanthan gum and why do you use it? Xanthan Gum is a plant-based thickening and stabilizing agent. We use xanthan gum because in gluten free baking it mimics the properties of gluten. It’s what helps our products keep their shape.
- Do you use a dedicated kitchen and equipment? Yes! Our kitchen and all of our equipment are dedicated to gluten free, wheat free, egg free, dairy free, soy free and nut free baking.
- Do you have a retail location? Not yet, but we are actively looking!
- Do you make dairy free/egg free/nut free/gluten free/soy free products? Yes! All our bakery products are gluten, egg, dairy, nut and soy free. As far as we know we are the only dedicated commercial kitchen facility in the greater Bay Area to offer these types of products from a completely dedicated kitchen.
- Is your kitchen nut free? Our kitchen is nut free with the exception of coconut.
- Do you have products with no rice? Yes! Banana Muffins, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Coconut Muffins, Snickerdoodle Cookies, French Bread, Quinoa Millet Bread, Pizza Crust, Granola and Funky Monkey Cookies.
- Do you have products with no corn? Yes! Many of our products can be made with corn free baking powder and guar gum: Banana Muffins or Cake, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Chocolate Muffins or Cake, Granola, Wholegrain White Bread and Wholegrain Dark Bread.
- Do you have products with no potato? Yes! French Bread, Wholegrain White Bread, Wholegrain Dark Bread and Granola.